How to Combat Osteoarthritis Symptoms with Integrative Treatment
How to Combat Osteoarthritis Symptoms With Integrative Treatment?
Integrative Treatment may alleviate pain and discomfort resulting from various conditions, and osteoarthritis is no exception. This chronic disease of the joint can be followed by symptoms ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. But what exactly are the symptoms of osteoarthritis and how can human cell and tissue injections help?
The 4 Stages of Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis takes place in stages, depending on the severity of the symptoms:
- Stage 0: Normal - Normal joint health, no known damage, impairment or symptoms
- Stage 1: Minor - Minor pain and discomfort
- Stage 2: Mild - Mild pain, discomfort, bone spur growth
- Stage 3: Moderate - Frequent pain, erosion to the cartilage surface and bone spur growth, joint stiffness and inflammation
- Stage 4: Severe - Reduced joint space, cartilage wear-off, bone spur growth, joint stiffness, chronic inflammatory response, friction and severe pain
What Triggers Osteoarthritis Flare Ups?
Common triggers of flare-ups in osteoarthritis patients include:
- Repeated trauma to the joint
- Overworking the joint
- Stress and repetitive motions
- Bone spurs
- Exposure to cold weather and changes in barometric pressure
- Weight gain
Adopting certain healthy lifestyle changes may benefit your joint health and your overall health, which may in turn help keep flare-ups under control:
- Balanced diet
- Regular exercise
- Healthy sleep habits
- Quitting smoking and alcohol
- Stress management
How Do You Recognize Osteoarthritis-Related Flare-Ups?
Flare-up episodes are common in patients suffering from osteoarthritis. These may include:
- An abrupt increase in pain within a short period of time
- Night pain
- Morning stiffness of the affected joint lasting more than 15 minutes
- Redness and warmth in the joint area
- Joint effusion (swelling and increase in size)
What Helps Osteoarthritis Without Surgery?
Since osteoarthritis is impossible to cure, patients turn to pain management medication and non-drug methods such as supplements to ease pain and discomfort. Integrative Treatment is becoming an increasingly sought-after alternative to joint replacement surgery, especially among patients looking to avoid surgery at all costs.
Although it may take multiple Integrative Treatment injections administered over a period of several weeks and several weeks more for the procedure to show results, patients have been known to experience pain relief lasting for months.
What Integrative Treatment Procedures Are Used for Osteoarthritis?
Integrative Treatment has been effective in bringing patients with osteoarthritis relief from pain and discomfort, while its potential to repair and rebuild cartilage is yet to be seen. Currently, two procedures are used by regenerative medicine specialists to ease the symptoms of osteoarthritis:
- Human cell and tissue injections: these include substances such as hyaluronic acid, cytokines, and other substances that may provide pain relief to patients suffering from osteoarthritis. These injections may also reduce inflammation and stimulate damage repair.
- Platelet-rich plasma injections: a natural substance called platelet-rich plasma or PRP is injected into the damaged joint tissue. The main ingredient of the substance is the patient’s own blood plasma. PRP has the potential to promote healing, stimulate joint function and bring pain relief to the patient, which is why it is also one of the most sought-after methods of managing back pain.
Reach Out to San Diego’s #1 Integrative Treatment Procedure Center
If you want to put your health in the hands of the leading specialists in the heart of San Diego, Fix Medical Group is the place for you. We have patients from all parts of San Diego County. They come to us to experience improvement that other conventional methods failed to bring. Contact us today and schedule your initial consultation.